13 December 2011

Stencil Love

A little while ago, we were talking about wallpaper in the laundry.  Of course, me being ever so impractical, didn't consider the condensation issues that would arise - luckily my lovely commenters did!

However, Anna suggested a stencil - an idea with which I immediately fell in love!  Me being me, I didn't really give it any more thought until I came across this post on Kate's blog.

I am now stalking working my way through all the images on this site, and devising a plan for my laundry, bedroom, study, family room...  Okay, settle down, let's just start with the laundry!

Here are some of my favourite stencils:




All images can be found here.  Yes - they ship to Australia!
Husband's My to do list is just growing by the day.  I'd better slow down, and warn you that once we're in the house, none of this will be happening over night.

I hope you're having a bright, sunshiney day!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking back M! I'd so dearly love to do stencils in my own house but every wall is tongue & groove. I will have to live vicariously through you! :) I think I love the last two most of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with anna. i like the last two aswell. i am tempted to do a wall paper in the lounge and in the media room. but maybe no to bold.
    pen
    it is very overcast and dark clouds outside at the moment.
    my hubby snuck up to the block this morning when he went to get the paper. he saw the builder and he said that they were pouring the slab on tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the patterns. I would still love to do a feature of some sort for my entry area...one day.

    I nominated you on my blog for a Liebster Award as one of my favourite blogs...really hope I've competed things properly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all such lovely patterns! I've stencilled intricate borders & picture rail swags before and they were easy peasy. Will look forward to hearing how you go with a whole wall pattern. Love the concept.
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly what I'm looking for in a rug!

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha, TDM! I've been meaning to go over to your blog and tell you all about this. Remember how I said you could paint yourself a rug?... I just have to find the link to where I've seen it done before. You could shout yourself one of these stencils (and a rug, of course) and Bob's your uncle!!!

    Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. I think I'm going to need a lot of moral support when I take this project on.

    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and join in the fun. Advice and feedback are always welcome!