23 January 2012

When the cat's away...

...the mice get busy!

During my absence from home, work on the block has well and truly commenced.

Early morning start
Site works commenced and were finished on one veeerrrrry long day.  I'm glad I was interstate, as I would have been driving to the block every hour for progress shots.

Husband tells me that the Site Supervisor has everything scheduled perfectly, and we should (best case scenario, of course) have our inspection in fourteen weeks from last Friday.  So, that brings us to the end of April, which was what I was hoping for.  We have a location wedding to attend the following weekend, so it looks like May is going to be a full-on month.  Am I complaining?  NO WAY!

A couple more photos to finish off.

Retaining wall #2 - Thanks to the volunteers who assisted on this job!

The pad - ready to rock and roll!

No more action this week (they had allowed us a week to build the wall and Husband completed it the day after the site cut), but next week will herald some plumbing and drainage action.  Stay tuned!


8 comments:

  1. yippy. the race is on. i wonder which one of us is in first.
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pen - I think you've got it in the bag! You've got a good headstart!!

      Delete
  2. You sound like you've got a great project manager. Love seeing the progress.
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, KL, I'm a bit impressed with his scheduling skills. Let's hope he keeps it up!

      Delete
  3. Hi M,
    we have decided that it is to costly so i am back to the drawing board for what colour i will do for all the windows.
    What have you choosen?
    i like Ultra silver gloss or maybe and i say maybe Jasper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, worth a try, though. We are going with Woodland Grey windows to match the roof. I like the silver. My only concern with Jasper is that it will look old quickly, like those 80s sort of bronze windows that you see a lot. It might not, though. Do you have a roof colour in mind?

      Delete
  4. Woo hoo - love seeing the site cut; the first change of the landscape that heralds the myriad of changes to come! Looking forward to seeing the evolution of your house!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and join in the fun. Advice and feedback are always welcome!