22 March 2012

A salesperson is not necessarily a designer...

You know when you shouldn't let someone talk you out of something, but somehow it happens anyway?

For some reason, I didn't go hard enough on my desire for off white mortar on our feature brick pillars.



It will look a lot better once the render is applied to the remainder of the facade, so I think I'll just get over it.  (That, and I might just go and check the contract, just in case...)

The more I look at them, the more I realise that I love them anyway.  I just hope Husband is happy with them, as they were his must have on this build.

I hope you're all having a great week!


7 comments:

  1. I like the look of your feature brick and as you say once the balance of the bricks are rendered they will really pop.
    Rgds
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait M until the mortar cures. It will be a totally different colour and will look different in different light too. I think it looks great. At the moment its probably picking up tones from the bricks behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cam and Kirsten! (I'm just going to reply to you both in one hit!!!!) The renderers were there this morning - nearly finished by 8:39am - and it was already looking better. Thank you for the encouragement. M x

      Delete
  3. I agree, once the rest is rendered it will make a big difference. I am looking forward to following your building progress, it sounds like you guys are quite experienced and we would love to build a home one day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pillars. Actually that whole section. Looks lovely, I wish I had asked for a floaty looking roof bit (arrrghh pre-coffee brain not working)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pillars look great just the way they are!.
    I think you made a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks good and I can't wait to see it when the render is on. But I know what you mean when you don't push hard enough for your ideas during the build process. But I suppose some things you just have to let go, can't be on top of everything. We ended up with this back garage door that there really was no need for. I thought my husband was keen on it so I just let it pas and it turned out he hadn't really thought much about it until it was to late!! Why didn't I speak up??
    Well I'm over it now anyway.
    Anette :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment and join in the fun. Advice and feedback are always welcome!